Saturday 8 September 2012

Blaupunkt IS 70 - 33 VT

Today I picked up a Blaupunkt IS 70 - 33 VT that I found on eBay. Paid a premium price for this unit but I know how good these units are for use with GroovyMAME so I wasn't prepared to let it go. The plan is to externalise the geometry controls (I've already bought 6 Vishay potentiometers for this purpose) and to swap in a newer Philips tube.

I was hoping this particular specimen would have better focus than my modded Blaupunkt IS 70 - 33 VTN. Thankfully, it does! Not as sharp as a newer Loewe or the fabled Sony KV-C27 but pretty damn good. The cool thing is that these Grundig CUC 5360 chassis TVs will happily sync to a range of refresh rates and they have excellent geometry. Really easy to get the picture perfectly shaped and re-size the vertical frame when adding or subtracting vertical lines to video modes.

I'm planning on documenting the whole process (breaking out the pots, swapping tubes and yokes, etc.) next weekend. Should be fun!

Blaupunkt IS 70 - 33 VT

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing the process!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey i have a Blaupunkt tv that looks like the Blaupunkt IS 70 - 33 VT. would you like to buy it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, maybe! Where are you located? If not me, someone else might like it. Let me know!

    ReplyDelete