Monday 16 January 2012

Found: 1 × Blaupunkt television!

I was driving to a coffee shop this morning when I spied a lovely looking TV on the nature strip, not far from where I live. Even though I was only able to quickly glance across the road (I was driving) I could tell from the black finish and stylish design that it wasn't your average Panasonic or Sony. I made a U-turn at the next available opportunity and took a look. To my astonishment it was Blaupunkt in tip-top condition! Along side it was a bag of cables (S-video, RCA, broken PlayStation controller, etc.) and an LG DVD player. I took the bag and machine with me and collected the TV on the way back from the cafe.

I always prepare myself for disappointment when I get a new TV. There are so many performance variables (colour, focus, stability, etc.) and capability variables (artifacts, refresh rates, lines, etc.) that often let a television down. This time, however, I got lucky! I've only done a quick test so far but the image is excellent and I have high hopes for the compatibility since it appears to be a Grundig chassis (based on what the OSD looks like).

Can't wait to polish it up and then put it through its paces!

Blaupunkt, LG DVD player and assorted cables

No comments:

Post a Comment